Monday, February 9, 2009

Up and Running


First day of our Comasagua mission - just quick notes! Eleanor and I got to Comasagua at 7:30 AM and left about 7:15 AM, and were in constant motion in between. People were lined up at the clinic before we arrived, and they poured in all day for consultations in general medicine, pediatrics, gynecology and eyes. All day long, people in long lines waited for their consultations, waited to get glasses fitted, waited at the pharmacy for vitamins and medications. No one complained. No one shouted. No mother screamed at her children. A few children cried, but not many. I remembered the words of Monseñor Romero: "con esta gente, no cuesta ser buen pastor" - with this people, it isn't hard to be a good pastor. No cuesta. My feet are tired, my heart is light, and I'm headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment