Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mi familia



Yesterday, very early in the morning, I put my sister, Kathy Roben, and cousin, Margaret Rooker, on the plane headed for Seattle, where they've arrived safely. What a grand time we had together! The first photo shows the two of them at our cabin along the Ruta de las Flores, feet up and enjoying the cool mountain breezes; the second was taken in downtown San Salvador as they visited with Estela Garcia, a long-time friend of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, and Estela's father, mother, and young nephew Luis Alfredo.

Introducing the family I've loved all my life to some of the places and people I've come to love in El Salvador was a great joy. It's good to know that Kathy and Margaret will now have vivid images in their mind's eye when they call or write to me - and that many of my friends here have now experienced these tall, gentle, friendly women.

No comments:

Post a Comment