Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet home

It's a joy and a small miracle that I can feel so at home in two such very different places. Very early this morning (I missed my planned connection in Houston and had to take the late plane) I finally reached my room at St. Mary-on-the-Lake in Bellevue. This morning quite a bit later it was great to be welcomed home by the Sisters, to participate in the Mass in English, and then to watch a bit of the extraordinary US/Canada hockey game and a bit of the closing ceremonies. As you might imagine, Winter Olympics don't have much appeal in El Salvador, and besides we were pretty busy with the medical mission. But here they're just around the corner in Vancouver, so I was glad to catch the tag end and hear some of the stories. Sweet home, sweet homes.

1 comment: